About The Miyazaki House Society
The Miyazaki House Society operates the Miyazaki House in cooperation with the District of Lillooet. The not-for-profit society members and volunteers share a passion for preserving the community’s grand historic house.
Since its inception, volunteers have managed and done all the work involved to keep the heritage house open. Since the society formed volunteers have served as hosts and tour guides. They plan, organize and hold community and cultural events. Our volunteers also manage restoration projects including grant applications and hiring contractors.
We love our volunteers and they provide a valuable service to the community of Lillooet.
Miyazaki House Society Board Members
- Chairperson Melody Thacker
- Secretary & Treasurer Louise Monk
- Director Kevin Goforth
- Director Kerry Ness
- Director Julie MacKinnon
- Director Karen White
The Miyazaki House Society Mission
We restore and preserve the Miyazaki House as a heritage property, promote its use as a tourist attraction and destination for the District of Lillooet and as a venue for private and community events.
The Miyazaki House is a destination landmark for Tourism in Lillooet and a cultural oasis for all ages while keeping the memory and history of the Phair and Miyazaki families alive. We feature heritage and culture.
The Miyazaki House Society’s Core Values
Wondering How You Can Get Involved?
There’s a wide variety of ways you can get involved with the Miyazaki House Society and or support the Miyazaki House us. Join our volunteer team! We welcome and appreciate your time, unique skills, and knowledge. Many hands make light work. Do as little or as much as you can.
- Do you have an extra 1-4 hours to give per week or per month?
- Do you enjoy meeting and talking to people?
- Do you love baking?
- Do you enjoy writing, or taking photos?
- Do you love gardening?
- Are you interested in helping people discover Lillooet?
- Would you enjoy working with like minded people with a common cause?
- Are you interested in historic places and or history?
We would love it if you share your talent, skills and passion with us! Other ways you can get involved:
- Become a member for only $20/year.
- Could you make a donation to our restoration fund?
- Attend our events.
- Bring your family and friends to visit the house.
What Interests You?What interests you? Get more information about how you can be involved with the Miyazaki House Society.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Miyazaki House Membership Benefits
- Discounted, advance tickets to events and performances.
- Early bird notifications about activities and events at the Miyazaki House.
- The inside scoop on our fundraising, restoration and improvement projects.
- Contribute your ideas for programs and projects.
- Voting privileges at our general meetings.
- First priority for house and or grounds rentals.
- A sense of pride and good feelings for supporting a worthy cause.